News

Bin Hammam $50,000 and $30,000 ‘Gift’ hands Kalusha Bwalya a FIFA ban

Zambia’s former African Footballer of the Year, Kalusha Bwalya has been banned from the game for two years by world governing body FIFA after an investigation into his links to banned Qatari official Mohamed Bin Hammam.

The adjudicatory chamber of FIFA’s Ethics Committee said on Friday that they had banned Bwalya, a member of the executive committee of the Confederation of African Football (CAF), for two years from “all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) at both national and international level”.

FIFA said in a statement they had been investigating the 54-year-old Bwalya since February 2017, “focused principally on benefits that Mr Bwalya had received from Mr Bin Hammam”.

Bin Hammam paid Bwalya $50,000 in 2009 and $30,000 in 2011

“The adjudicatory chamber found Mr Bwalya guilty of having violated art. 16 (Confidentiality) and art. 20 (Offering and accepting gifts and other benefits) of the FIFA Code of Ethics. A fine in the amount of CHF 100,000 (£79,032.93) was also imposed on Mr Bwalya.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Simply football news!

There is football and there is the HEAVY DETAILED NEWS on the Sport where we give the news ,reviews ,analysis, statistics and live coverage of all the soccer events in Africa. We are Africa’s number one online soccer community created by true fans.

Subscribe to Sokafrika via email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Copyright © 2018 Sokafrika.com. All rights reserverd.

To Top